[tex-live] PS_View

Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard mpg at elzevir.fr
Tue Mar 30 23:41:31 CEST 2010

Reinhard Kotucha a écrit :
> On 28 March 2010 Philip TAYLOR wrote:
>
>  > I re-installed PS_View (some CTAN ftp servers were refusing anonymous
>  > connections : security lockdown ?), and agree that all that seems
>  > to be available is a compiled HELP file from which one can generate
>  > single pages of PDF but not a composite linked document.  It might be
>  > worth asking the two Ps if they can offer it in linked PDF format.

The PS files are generated using TeX, so it should be no big deal to generate a
linked PDF from these sources.

> I just found out that tlpkg/tlpsv/psv_help_en.htb is actually a ZIP
> file containing HTML stuff.  You can add the extension ".zip" to the
> filename and extract the content in an empty directory.

Good to know.

> Though I prefer PDF too, I doubt whether the HTML stuff can be
> converted to PDF without much effort.  But what you can ask the two
> Piotrs is to provide the *uncompressed* HTML files in a separate
> directory and adapt the software accordingly.  Then texdoc could
> provide an alias for "psv_help_en_contents.html".

Also, we'd need to install the files under texmf/doc, since texdoc won't find
them in tlpkg/tlpsv anyway. I'm not sure if this would be a problem (due to the
particular nature of this package).

Anyway, someone has to discuss this with the authors, either by email or in
person at BT.

Manuel.