[tex-live] TL-2009 : Installation flexibility and configurability

Philip TAYLOR P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk
Tue Mar 23 19:12:22 CET 2010

Whilst TL-2009 seems to allow me to specify
many things at installation time, such as
the location of TEXDIR, TEXMFLOCAL, TEXMFSYSVAR,
TEXMFSYSCONFIG and TEXMFHOME, the one thing
it doesn't seem willing to allow me to specify
is the location for whatever name is actually
instantiated to $TEXDIR/texmf-dist.  Obviously
I can relocate this after installation, but then
things will almost certainly break : what else
must I change if I would like those files currently
under $TEXDIR/texmf-dist to actually be under
$TEXDIR/texmf/dist, by analogy with all the other
locations which I have specified as

	$TEXDIR/texmf/local
	$TEXDIR/texmf/var
	$TEXDIR/texmf/config