[tex-live] moving ucs back to -recommended

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Wed Mar 10 02:30:42 CET 2010

Hi everyone,

----- Forwarded message from Decklin Foster <decklin at red-bean.com> -----
> Somewhere between Lenny and now, ucs.sty was moved from -recommended
> to -extra. As UTF-8 support is (I believe) a release goal, I would
----- End forwarded message -----

I somehow agree that making inputting utf8 with -recommended would be
a nice thing. I don't want to dig through the dependencies now, but
are there any specific reasons why we moved ucs package to latexextra?

Best wishes

Norbert
JAIST, Japan            TU Wien, Austria           Debian TeX Task Force