[tex-live] texlive 2009 self update failing

T T t34www at googlemail.com
Sat Mar 6 16:51:11 CET 2010

On 6 March 2010 02:07, Hugh Macmillan <macmillan.hugh at gmail.com> wrote:
> I installed from the DVD today on Windows XP.
> I have done so before without problems.
> I enclose the update-self log details:

[snip log]

> I downloaded and installed update-tlmgr-latest.exe and ran that.
>
> I also tried tlmgr option repository
> http://mirror.ctan.org/systems/texlive/tlnet
>
> this command has worked in the past but today the error message said it had
> failed to chdir to S:
>
> S; being the DVDRW drive which the install took place from.
>
> Could this be an unwell tlmgr-latest? The title bar says padate rather than
> update.
>
> Well if anyone can be of any help please respond,

'tlmgr update --self' and 'update-tlmgr-latest.exe' are two
independent ways of infrastructure update. The fact that both of them
fail points to some problem in tlmgr but I can't tell you off hand
what's wrong. Is drive S: empty when you run tlmgr?

I will try to look into it but I might not have time in the next few
days. How bad is the situation? Does latex et al. work?

Cheers,

Tomek