[tex-live] Just Noticed...

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Wed Jun 23 19:53:03 CEST 2010

On Jun 23, 2010, at 12:36 PM, Khaled Hosny wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 23, 2010 at 12:30:13PM -0500, Herbert Schulz wrote:

>>> The font cache is saved under current directory if TEXMFCACHE is not
>>> set, I thought that texlive-2010 has TEXMFCACHE set, don't?
>>>

>> Howdy,
>>
>> That must have changed with the latest update of luaotfload. When I installed the mactex pretest from 2010/06/21 the folder wasn't generated but it was after updating to the latest luaotfload via tlmgr.
>>
>> We'll have to take care of that.
>
> Yup, this was only introduced in the last release. This was actually
> because of some ConTeXt file we use, I was lazy to revert it locally to
> the old behaviour since I don't feel like patching ConTeXt base file for
> no strong reason.
>
> --
> Khaled Hosny
> Arabic localiser and member of Arabeyes.org team
> Free font developer

Howdy,

When I removed .../2010/ and installed mactex20100621 the problem wasn't there. Then I ran TLU and updated everything and an updated luaotfload was installed and the problem returned. So the change came with the new luaotfload. I edited the local texmf.cnf file in /usr/local/texlive/2010/ and added the line

TEXMFCACHE = ~/Library/texlive/2010/texmf-var

(the location where it use to be before the update) and it all seems to work fine now.

By the way, running

luatools --generate

(I don't know if sudo is needed) didn't fix the problem for me and the change to texmf.cnf diid fix the problem.

Good Luck,

Herb Schulz
(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)