[tex-live] TeX Live net updates (tlnet) frozen

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Fri Jun 11 04:13:25 CEST 2010

On 10 June 2010 C.M. Connelly wrote:

 > "VI" == Victor Ivrii <vivrii at gmail.com>
 >
 >     VI> and probably nobody will keep mirror after it [TL 2009]
 >     VI> will gone from CTAN.
 >
 > Well my mirror, at least, would be happy to continue hosting it
 > for a while.  I don't know that TL 2010 will be out in time for me
 > to want to roll it out across our machines.  We're still running
 > TL 2008 on most of our machines; various issues with TL 2009 over
 > the year (which I'm running on my machine) caused me to hold off
 > until the semester was over.

I usually don't propose to update unless there is a very good reason.
But I have severe problems with the latest release of hyperref in
TL-2009 when typesetting Russian.  This problem is fixed in TL-2010.

Thus, I can't recommend TL-2009 anymore.  However, the stuff on the
TL-2009 DVD is correct.

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25