[tex-live] TeX Live 2010 Pretest: Suggestions concerning MacTeX

Charlie Sharpsteen chuck at sharpsteen.net
Mon Jun 7 06:09:48 CEST 2010

Hello,

I am interested in downloading and using the TeX Live 2010 Pretest on my
Mac- however the only version available is the 1.5 gigabyte distribution.
 This distribution contains too many files that I don't use- I prefer to
install a basic package and use tlmgr to fill in specific pieces that I
need.

Would it be possible to make the BasicTeX installer available alongside the
full version of MacTeX?

If setting up a build for BasicTeX is a PITA, would it be possible to
provide a script that would create the appropriate entries in
/Library/TeX/Distributions so that a pretest version of TeX Live 2010
installed via install-tl.sh could be selected via the TeX Distribution
control panel in the OS X system preferences?

Thanks for taking the time to consider this request!

-Charlie