[tex-live] How to update tlmgr in TeXLive 2010 pretest

T3X t34www at googlemail.com
Sun Jun 6 15:26:37 CEST 2010

Thanks for the report, I forwarded it to the right people.  I CCed the
texlive mailing list, which is the right place to report these kind of
problems (please, keep it in your replies).

Norbert, the main man behind tlmgr, asked if you could modify the
failing line in tlmgr.pl to help us debug the problem:

Can the OP edit the above [around failing] lines to:
 next if $newpkgs_full{$p};
 next if $removals_full{$p};
 if (!defined($tlmediatlpdb->get_package($p))) {
   tlwarn("very strange: $p is listed in local expansion but not
skipped by now.\n");
   next;
 }
 next if ($tlmediatlpdb->get_package($p)->category ne "Collection");

(In case you have troubles locating tlmgr.pl script, you can find it
with the following command: `kpsewhich --format=TEXMFSCRIPTS
tlmgr.pl`.)

Cheers,

Tomek