[tex-live] "Rebuild all formats" with two installations

Vedran Miletić rivanvx at gmail.com
Thu Jun 3 21:28:58 CEST 2010

Datuma 3. lipnja 2010. 17:11 George N. White III <gnwiii at gmail.com> je
napisao/la:
> It is not expected, and sounds like a problem with the PATH setting,
> but we need to know more specifically what is failing.  Are log files
> being created and do they give any hints?   Have you tried running
> the command, e.g., "fmtutil-sys --all" from a command-line?

Perhaps I wasn't completely clear. I apologize if that's the case.

I have TL installed from RPMs, and TL from pretest repository. I'm
trying to use tlpretest, and:

1) If symlinks from tlpretest TL are in place (/usr/local/bin), it all works.
2) If symlinks are not there, tlmgr exectues executables from system,
and generating formats fails as I described.

So, the question is: does tlmgr execute executables in PATH or in the
same dir where it resides and why?

Thanks in advance,

--
Vedran Miletić