[tex-live] some comments and questions about gui

Robin Fairbairns Robin.Fairbairns at cl.cam.ac.uk
Tue Jun 1 23:10:27 CEST 2010

Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard <mpg at elzevir.fr> wrote:

> Le 01/06/2010 20:56, Robin Fairbairns a écrit :
> >> And if that does not suffice, edit all the hyphen-*.tlpsrc files
> >> to include shortdesc, longdesc.
> >
> > aren't these derived from the ctan catalogue?  if so, the route would be
> > via me, since i do most of the catalogue editing.
>
> Most of the shortdesc and longdesc are taken from the catalogue indeed. But
> probably not in this case, since I don't think you have hyphen-<language>
> packages matching those in TL (which is fine, since they are mostly specific to
> TL). So, in this case, I think it's easier if Mojca and Arthur fill in these
> fields themselves.

until the advent of hyph-utf8 we did indeed have a catalogue entry for
each set of language patterns.  they've not (that i can recall) been
much edited since, but the concept remains.  (we don't have "packages"
as such, merely useful groupings.  so for example, for your ltxmisc we
have a catalogue entry per file, and none for the directory itself.)