[tex-live] Curious error message in tlmgr.

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Sat Jul 31 16:40:11 CEST 2010

PLease keep the list on Cc!!

On Sa, 31 Jul 2010, S. venkataraman wrote:
> > > /opt/texlive/2009/texmf-var/web2c/fmtutil.cnf

That looks fine, and there are definitively formats that
depend on language.def, as for example:
> luatex luatex language.def luatex.ini
> dviluatex luatex language.def dviluatex.ini

So now the question: Do you use
	sudo
or
	su
or something similar?

Did you call
	kpsewhich fmtutil.cnf
as the user that runs fmtutil?

Otherwise I cannot understand what is wrong.

Wait,what is the output of
	which fmtutil

OF COURSE ALL AS THE USER THAT IS INVOKING THESE COMMANDS, so if you use
su/sudo then as *root*!!!!

Best wishes

Norbert
ZEAL MONACHORUM (n.)
(Skiing term.) To ski with 'zeal monachorum' is to descend the top
three quarters of the mountain in a quivering blue funk, but on
arriving at the gentle bit just in front of the restaurant to whizz to
a stop like a victorious slalom-champion.
                        --- Douglas Adams, The Meaning of Liff