[tex-live] Problem in updating texlive-2009

Robin Fairbairns Robin.Fairbairns at cl.cam.ac.uk
Thu Jul 29 13:46:04 CEST 2010

George N. White III <gnwiii at gmail.com> wrote:

> Some basic network troubleshooting is needed.  I would not be
> surprised to find that the OP is >30 hops from any CTAN site, but
> much closer to some Ubuntu or debian mirror.

15 hops from tex.ac.uk to him, which is quite moderate, imo.

it's sad (given that so much tex support comes from india, now) that
there's no indian ctan mirror.  there is at least one pakistani mirror,
and i wouldn't be surprised if mirror.ctan.org was routing him there.

when things really go pear-shaped like this, mirror.ctan doesn't help.

having said which, i don't see his ip in any of the logs i've looked at
so far, on tex.ac.uk

robin