[tex-live] [texlive 2010] Error in previsualization document koma-script

Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard mpg at elzevir.fr
Mon Jul 26 16:13:52 CEST 2010

Hi Miguel,

Le 26/07/2010 14:46, miguelroisster a écrit :
> I understand the instructions, but when I try to put them into action,
> LyX will not let me configure it that way.

So I think you should try getting help on a Lyx-specific list or forum, see

I suggest your ask there why LyX is trying to use the "platex" command instead
of the regular "latex" command for compiling normal documents in DVI (hence PS)
modes, and how to set it up otherwise. As Norbert explained, this is clearly the
culprit here.

> I return to texlive 2009

Please don't. Instead, here is a (more or less random) idea about how to work
around the problem. If you don't need ptex, try uninstalling it (either using
tlmgr gui or, in command line: 'tlmgr remove --force ptex') then reconfigure Lyx
(menu tools -> reconfigure). Then platex won't be available anymore (as in the
TL2009 case) so we can hope Lyx will stop incorrectly trying to use it.

If it works, it would indicate the problem is due to a mis(auto)configuration of
Lyx, which is bound to hurt anyone installing TL2010 in the future, and should
really be reported and fixed on the Lyx side.

Manuel.