[tex-live] textlive seems to ignore top of home tree

Philip Taylor (Webmaster, Ret'd) P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk
Wed Jul 21 17:11:24 CEST 2010

Norbert Preining wrote:

> On Mi, 21 Jul 2010, Philip Taylor (Webmaster, Ret'd) wrote:
>> Free with every suggestion for TeX Live : unlimited sarcasm,
>> from your friendly team of merry implementors :-(((
>
> Philip, please don't start *that* one again. I guess if you would
> take your time and count:
> - the number of friendly and helpful answers
> - the number of sarcastic answers
> these numbers wold speak much more than the two sentences you wrote.
>
> My personal estimate is that the last number is far below 1% of the
> third number.

No, I'm sorry, every time that you, or one of your fellow
implementors, finds it necessary to resort to sarcasm in
order to make what might otherwise be a valid point, all
you achieve is to bring the good name of TeX Live, and
your own reputation(s), into disrepute.  I for one find
your sarcasm highly offensive, and cannot understand
how a person such as yourself, who is friendly, pleasant
and helpful in real life, can find it necessary to
descend to these depths.

Sincerely :
** Phil.