[tex-live] fmtutil failure

Justin C. Walker justin at mac.com
Mon Jul 19 01:33:55 CEST 2010

Hi, all,

This seems like a repeat of a problem I wrote about on 7/8 (to the TeX-
on-Mac OS X list):

I got a couple of the following errors during an update of the 2010
pretest, using TLU on Mac OS X.  I updated both a 10.5 and a 10.6
system at the same time.  The update of the 10.5 system succeeded; the
update of the 10.6 system failed.

There were two errors from 'fmtutil-sys' ("unknown option `--no-error-
if-no-format'"); and one obscure error about unhandled status
results.  I'm attaching the log file from the TLU run.

Checking the version on each system I get

10.5: fmtutil 19225 2010-07-04 12:26:44Z preining $
10.6: fmtutil 17423 2010-03-11 17:53:34Z karl $

which seems telling.  After my problems on 7/8, I waited a day or two
(following advice resulting from my posting) and then reran TLU.  The
update succeeded, and until today, I have had no problems on either
system (at least, none related to tex-live :-}).

FWIW, when I ran the update (yesterday), the tex-live infrastructure
on both systems was updated first.

Thoughts?

Thanks as always.

Justin