[tex-live] textlive seems to ignore top of home tree

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Fri Jul 16 19:39:13 CEST 2010

I am sympathetic to these views for a small TEXMFHOME where you can just
dump everything into the top-level directory (or arbitrary
subdirectories).

However, TEXMFHOME itself is already being used by other people for very
large trees.  We can't just change the way it's defined without messing
them up.

Adding another tree which looks for anything anywhere seems like the
only viable option, and I don't want to make that big of a change now.
Maybe next time.

karl