[tex-live] your eqexam package

cfrees at imapmail.org cfrees at imapmail.org
Fri Jul 9 21:24:50 CEST 2010

On Fri 9th Jul, 2010 at 20:14, Philip Taylor (Webmaster, Ret'd) seems to...:

> cfrees at imapmail.org wrote:
>
>> Perhaps I am missing something but if I needed to edit the hyphenation
>> patterns for British English, I would suppose that hyph-en-gb.tex would
>> be the preferred form for editing.
>
> No, that's not the source : that's the result of processing
> the source through Patgen.

But if it is the preferred form for editing and 'source' is, in this
context, defined to be the preferred form for editing, then it is the
source in the relevant sense. Of course, if it is *not* the preferred
form for editing or if 'source' is defined differently, then it is not.

> ** Phil (who likes toasted teacakes very much, and who could
> therefore never confuse them with biscuits).

Wrong sort of 'teacakes'. I think it was about those things you can buy
which involve a round biscuit at the bottom with marshmallow on top,
entirely covered in chocolate (and maybe there's jam inside, too?). You
can see how these could plausibly be claimed to be biscuits despite the
name. As I say, it might have been a different product - I don't
remember the details but only the basic cake vx biscuit + vat = dispute!