[tex-live] your eqexam package

T T t34www at googlemail.com
Fri Jul 9 12:18:47 CEST 2010

On 9 July 2010 09:35, Ulrike Fischer <news3 at nililand.de> wrote:
> Am Fri, 9 Jul 2010 04:11:31 +0200 schrieb Reinhard Kotucha:
>
>> I'm happy that his stuff is removed from TeX Live now.
>
> If it makes you happy you can naturally also remove my packages. It
> was the decision of the TeXLive team to include them and it's up to
> the team to decide if when and how to remove them. I don't mind. I
> put the stuff on CTAN without restrictions and everyone is free to
> use or not to use it.

Speaking for myself, but with my TL hat on, it doesn't make me happy
at all that we have to remove any packages.  I would much prefer that
some solution is found that is acceptable to both sides: the authors
and us, but failing that we have no choice but to follow the
guidelines we adopted or we are just a bunch of hypocrites.  If the
package author(s) decide to withdraw their work entirely because of
that, then we have no choice but to respect these wishes.

It makes me even less happy that such a discussion (and in this tone)
is taking place on this list.  Licensing and polices are hairy
subjects, but let's not make this debate more heated than it has to be
and let's keep it in mutually respectful tone.  (Personally, I prefer
to focus on technical matters rather than politics, so I will likely
stay away from this thread from now on.)

Cheers,

Tomek