[tex-live] TL'10 pretest trial

Philip Taylor (Webmaster, Ret'd) P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk
Mon Jul 5 20:10:40 CEST 2010

Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard wrote:

> It's a common fact in UI design than presenting too many options to a user who
> possibly don't understand them can be very confusing. (And here I'm not kidding.)
>
> Anyway, beside yours, we didn't have many complaints (on the contrary) about the
> wizard installer being the default one since last year, so we don't plan to
> change that.

OK, I don't want to waste much more time on this point,
so just one question : what fraction of Windows pre-testers
do you believe are testing the non-advanced version ?

I for one am not, because I cannot know in advance
what it will do to my system : hence I will /only/
test the advanced one, to be sure I can configure
things not to conflict with production work.

** Phil.