[tex-live] TeX Live suggestions

Robin Fairbairns Robin.Fairbairns at cl.cam.ac.uk
Sun Jan 31 10:16:04 CET 2010

Karl Berry <karl at freefriends.org> wrote:

>     missing documentation
>             symbols of textcomp
>
> textcomp.sty is generated from ltoutenc, so it seems to me the best we
> can do (lacking dedicated documentation, which presumably will not be
> forthcoming) is to alias textcomp to ltoutenc in texdoc.

documentation of encodings is in the latex doc encguide, which we put
together some time around 2000, and that contains the twisty little
passages that criss-cross the various sub-encodings of TS1.  there isn't
much that textcomp can do that isn't covered by encguide, i thought.

> However ... TL 2008 had a ltoutenc.pdf, but it does not exist in TL'09.
>
> Heiko, was this intentional?  (What we install in TL comes straight from
> your latex-tds project, for which I am ever so thankful, BTW.)

i had missed the appearance of the documentation, let alone its
subsequent disappearance.

robin