[tex-live] arial.pfb and times.pfb in arabi.map cause dvips failures

Zdenek Wagner zdenek.wagner at gmail.com
Sat Jan 30 11:10:15 CET 2010

2010/1/30 Khaled Hosny <khaledhosny at eglug.org>:
> On Sat, Jan 30, 2010 at 11:15:03AM +0800, Vladimir Lomov wrote:
>> So time ago I found one solution for the same problem: I did several
>> conversion: eps->pdf->eps:
>> bash$ epstopdf file.eps
>> bash$ pdftops -e file.pdf
>> This assumes that all fonts are embedded into first eps file.
> IIRC, eps2eps is enough, it'll convert any fonts into outlines, but this
> might not be an acceptable solution (unselectable text).
And loss of font hints.

> Regards,
>  Khaled
> --
>  Khaled Hosny
>  Arabic localiser and member of Arabeyes.org team
>  Free font developer

Zdeněk Wagner

More information about the tex-live mailing list