[tex-live] url.tex

Robin Fairbairns Robin.Fairbairns at cl.cam.ac.uk
Fri Jan 29 10:37:05 CET 2010

Heiko Oberdiek <oberdiek at uni-freiburg.de> wrote:

> On Fri, Jan 29, 2010 at 09:39:35AM +0100, Jobst Hoffmann wrote:
>
> > First of all: thank you for creating {url|...}.pdf! But one question:
> > shouldn't url.tex go into .../texmf-dist/source/latex/url?
> >
> > I'm not sure, but I would have done that (and that may be wrong).
>
> Same opinion here.
>
> Also either miscdoc.sty is a package for general use, then
> it should become its own package, not part of url. Or
> miscdoc.sty is just "source" for the documentation,
> then it should also go to TDS:source/latex/url/.

i agree.

> At any case it should get a license.

you're right.  miscdoc was a convenience for writing documentation, and
as a result slipped under my radar.  will sort all these issues out over
the w/e.

>   \RequirePackage[pdfusetitle]{hyperref}
>   \RequirePackage{bookmark}
>   \bookmarksetup{numbered,open,openlevel=1}
> in url.tex or miscdoc.sty to get bookmarks. :-)

noted.  perhaps i ought to make it optional in miscdoc.  (what one needs
is an "\AtEndOfOptions" command for this sort of thing...)

robin

who's been distracted setting up wife's new widnoze machine, over the
last two days.