[tex-live] Segmentation fault (?)

George N. White III gnwiii at gmail.com
Thu Jan 28 15:51:52 CET 2010

On Thu, Jan 28, 2010 at 4:20 AM, Axel E. Retif <axel.retif at mac.com> wrote:

> On  28 Jan, 2010, at 02:13, Axel E. Retif wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> A few minutes ago I completed the update of TL 09 with tlmgr (gui-old, to which I'm accustomed)
>
> Forgot to say ---in case it matters, this was on Ubuntu 9.10

Are you using 32-bit or 64-bit version of Ubuntu? I have x86_64:

$ uname -mrv
2.6.31-17-generic #54-Ubuntu SMP Thu Dec 10 17:01:44 UTC 2009 x86_64

also updated via command-line a few minutes ago, but it didn't run fmtutil.

Ubuntu has had quite a few updates recently -- is your system current?

It doesn't look like the segmentation fault came from the pdftex format
builds.   I tried a few installs using guiold and didn't enocunter any
nasty behavours.   You might want to look through the logs (dmesg,
messages.log, Xorg.0.log) for signs of trouble elsewhere in the system.

> Best,
>
> Axel

Head of St. Margarets Bay, Nova Scotia