[tex-live] ==> Fatal error occurred, no output PDF file produced!

Vafa Khalighi vafa at users.berlios.de
Thu Jan 28 11:06:46 CET 2010

When I run pdflatex on the attached tex file, I get:

!pdfTeX error: pdflatex (file ugmm8a.pfb): cannot open Type 1 font file for
rea
ding
 ==> Fatal error occurred, no output PDF file produced!

and when I run xelatex on it, I get:

kpathsea: Running mktexpk --mfmode / --bdpi 600 --mag 1+0/600 --dpi 600
ugmri8a.pfb
mktexpk: don't know how to create bitmap font for ugmri8a.pfb.
kpathsea: Appending font creation commands to missfont.log.

** WARNING ** Could not locate a virtual/physical font for TFM "ugmri8y".
** WARNING ** >> This font is mapped to a physical font "ugmri8a.pfb".
** WARNING ** >> Please check if kpathsea library can find this font:
ugmri8a.pfb
** ERROR ** Cannot proceed without .vf or "physical" font for PDF output...

Output file removed.
(see the transcript file for additional information)
Error 256 (driver return code) generating output;
file test.pdf may not be valid.

I have attached both log of pdftex and xetex as well.

OS: Uuntu 9.10

TeX distribution: TeXLive 2009

I have created symlinks at the installation time in /usr/local/bin

--
Best wishes,
Vafa Khalighi