[tex-live] can you remove a package from TeXLive?

Ralph Martin Ralph.Martin at cs.cardiff.ac.uk
Mon Jan 25 12:17:15 CET 2010

On 25 Jan 2010, at 10:50:16AM, Dan Drake wrote:
> I'm afraid I need to request that a package be removed from TeXLive...
>
> A new version of Sage gets released once a month or so, and while
> TeXLive is updated frequently, I don't think most users update TL as
> often as they might update Sage. I've already run into problems with
> sagetex.sty from TL shadowing the version from Sage, so I think in this
> case it would be best to request that SageTeX be removed from TL.

Why don't you get the sage update process to also call tlmgr to update the TeXLive package?

This would be much more convenient for users than them having to manually reinstall sagetex every time they update sage?

Best wishes

Ralph
--
Prof Ralph Martin                                  Phone: +44(0)29 2087 5536
School of Computer Science and Informatics         Fax:   +44(0)29 2087 4598
Cardiff, CF24 3AA, UK             VOIP: sip:17476235487 at proxy01.sipphone.com