[tex-live] Include type1 package for Garamond fonts

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Tue Jan 19 13:32:18 CET 2010

On Di, 19 Jan 2010, Wolfgang Keller wrote:
> Is there any chance that some guru may re-package the "enhanced" Garamond package from http://gael-varoquaux.info/computers/garamond/index.html (including small caps and old-style figures) for use with TeX Live anytime soon?

I have to correct myself ... the stuff is under non-commerical license,
si it will not end up in TeX Live, never, unless you convince the
author to release the fonts under a different license.

Honestly, I am a bit surprised that this is possible, what is the
original license of URW Garamond? Can he change it to Alladin
Free Public License like this?

Best wishes

Norbert
JAIST, Japan            TU Wien, Austria           Debian TeX Task Force