[tex-live] Translation of tlmgr gui

T T t34www at googlemail.com
Thu Jan 14 00:53:03 CET 2010

2010/1/13 Norbert Preining <preining at logic.at>:
> But from my personal experience I go for "File" in a a new program
> (I never read manuals) if I search something, whatever it may be. And
> I guess that many other will have a similar behaviour. That is the
> reason it is called "File", the expectation in the users.

As you know, I find the "File" menu counter-intuitive too. Standard
entries like open/save/save as, that one expects in such a menu, just
don't make sense in this context. My preference goes to something like
"Repository" or "Database", although, these are not so intuitive
either. Still, I think they fit the purpose of this menu better than
"File".

Cheers,

Tomek