[tex-live] [pdftex] PDF 1.5 by default in TL 2010

Manuel Pegourie-Gonnard mpg at elzevir.fr
Wed Jan 13 14:27:38 CET 2010

[removing the pdftex list from this subthread]

Philip TAYLOR a écrit :
> Manuel Pegourie-Gonnard wrote:
>
>  > Texdoc can't guess. But there is a personal config file
>  > (TEXMFHOME/texdoc/texdoc.cnf) where you can set your preferred viewers.
>  > (The plain old way: by giving the full path to the appropriate program,
>  > rather that any file association.)
>
> Hmmm.  TL 2009 : how do I find the value of "TEXMFHOME" ?
> It isn't an environment variable, and the TL Manager doesn't
> seem willing to disclose it even under the "Configuration"
> tab, which is where I had (half-)expected it to be shewn ...

kpsewhich --var-value TEXMFHOME

But texdoc kindly takes care of it for you :-) Try

texdoc --files

Manuel.

PS: it makes little sense (if any) to change this value after installation,
so I don't think it should be in tlmgr's configuration tab. Maybe an 'info'
tab (or now, dialog) with read-only values like this one would be useful. I
don't know.