[tex-live] [pdftex] PDF 1.5 by default in TL 2010

Joseph Wright joseph.wright at morningstar2.co.uk
Mon Jan 11 09:29:38 CET 2010

On 11/01/2010 06:59, Ulrich Dirr wrote:
> If you want to produce files that conform to ISO standards like PDF/X-3
> (which is widely spread in printing industry) or PDF/X-1a (mainly for
> archiving purposes) files in PDF 1.5 won't pass.

Is there/will there be a configuration option to set the level globally?
That would seem sensible to me, as users who need PDF/X-3 (or PDF/X-1a,
or whatever) could then just "set it and forget it", while the rest of
us can move to PDF 1.5 seamlessly. Something like

   tlmgr pdfversion 1.5
   tlmgr pdfversion 1.4

(With appropriate documentation, of course.)
--
Joseph Wright