[tex-live] tlmgr gives error message

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Fri Jan 1 01:52:57 CET 2010

Please keep the list in cc.

On Do, 31 Dez 2009, Scott D Friedemann wrote:
> You are right.  But, tlmgr does not exist in
> /usr/local/texlive/2009/bin/i386-freebsd so I took a chance.

This is a bug, and now I see why, thanks for that!!!!

> So, I've moved a small step closer.  How to get tlmgr is the new
> question.  Re-install?

cd /usr/local/texlive/2009/bin/i386-freebsd
ln -s ../../texmf/scripts/texlive/tlmgr.pl tlmgr

Karl: We have to push tlcritical to tlnet NOW!!! The problem is
that since the last push you added *-freebsd that made it
installable, but
	texlive.infra.*-freebsd
is NOT in tlnet for now!!!

The push will bring also the new GUI to everyone. if you want
you can undo the GUI commit (there were two) and then push, and
then I reapply the change.

Or we just push the new GUI, too, since the old is still available.

(The last from me for 2 days, leaving for skitouring)

Best wishes

Norbert
JAIST, Japan            TU Wien, Austria           Debian TeX Task Force