[tex-live] script for LuaTeX font database updating

T T t34www at googlemail.com
Thu Feb 25 18:27:41 CET 2010

On 25 February 2010 16:39, Elie Roux <elie.roux at telecom-bretagne.eu> wrote:

> I have another technical question : how is the wrapper working exactly? From
> the script developer point of view is it just something that will call lua
> on the good script (which means we don't have to rename it)

Yes. But I would prefer to use the same name for the wrapper as for
the script, because this is handled automatically. So a wrapper
foo[.exe] will search for script foo with various extensions. The
cases where wrapper name and script name differ are treated specially
through an alias table (I will need to do that for the -sys variant),
but I generally try to avoid them.

>  with the same
> options it was passed (plus eventually a --sys if the -sys variant was
> called)?

Yes, on Windows the entire command line (sans argv[0]) is passed
through unparsed to the interpreter binary, with double quotes and
whitespace unchanged.

> Also, our script works under texlua (it calls fontloader), is it a
> problem?

Not at all. The wrapper we have on Windows actually links with
luatex.dll and calls texlua interpreter internally. If you are
interested in more details about the wrapper, you will find them in:

  http://www.tug.org/svn/texlive/trunk/Build/source/texk/texlive/w32_wrapper/runscript.tlu

> What about updluatexfontdb for the script name?

Sounds good to me but I always leave those decisions to Karl.

Cheers,

Tomek