[tex-live] Luatex formats and hyphenation patterns

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Mon Feb 22 23:44:35 CET 2010

    In my naive attempt to fix this, I made a copy of etex.src with the name
    luatex.src,

Aside from anything else, it's certainly inadvisable to duplicate the
entire file.  Instead, a conditional should be used that we can
set/unset in the different formats.  I realize you were just doing the
expedient thing for an experiment, but if we want to ship a change like
this, it should be done in a clean way.

    approach since the patterns are reloaded every time the language is
    requested instead if only once the first time it is called.

Indeed.  If you, or someone, can do that, we can consider adopting the
change for plain luatex.

    And latex format needs to be fixed too.

An entirely different matter.  Don't hold your breath.