[tex-live] lualatex segfault when run sample beamer document

Vladimir Lomov lomov.vl at gmail.com
Tue Feb 16 11:20:09 CET 2010

Hi.

When I was digging out one problem with beamer and geometry package I found
a bug with lualatex.

Lets consider this small example:

\documentclass{beamer}

\usepackage{beamerthemesplit}

\title{Example Presentation Created with the Beamer Package}
\author{Till Tantau}
\date{\today}

\begin{document}

\frame{\titlepage}

\section[Outline]{}
\frame{\tableofcontents}

\section{Introduction}
\subsection{Overview of the Beamer Class}
\frame
{
  \frametitle{Features of the Beamer Class}

  \begin{itemize}
  \item<1-> Normal LaTeX class.
  \item<2-> Easy overlays.
  \item<3-> No external programs needed.
  \end{itemize}
}
\end{document}

and run it through lualatex engine (this file should give an error if
geometry package of ver. 5.0 is used, see another messages in list).
(just before update the TL I saw the same behavior.)

The first run of lualatex is ok. I get pdf file but the second run right
after the first one is ended with lualatex segfault.

I checked this with upstream lualatex (TL 2009 with today update) and
lualatex from my distro (Archlinux). System: x86_64.

latex, pdflatex and xelatex run ok on this file.

--
"You and I as individuals can, by borrowing, live beyond our means, but
only for a limited period of time.  Why should we think that collectively,