[tex-live] personal input file

Zdenek Wagner zdenek.wagner at gmail.com
Mon Feb 15 22:56:01 CET 2010

2010/2/15 Steve MC Han <hmc0907 at yahoo.com>

> Thank you very much for your responses.
>
> I followed your instruction and it showed:
>
> c:/TexLive2007/../texmf-local
>
> But there's no texmf-local subdirectory under TexLive2007. Instead there's
> texmf-local directory right under c:/ along with TexLive2007.
> (c:/TexLive2007, c:/texmf-local,...)
>
> Under c:/texmf-local there are 4 subdirectories: doc, dvips, fonts and tex.
>
> Can you tell me which?

c:/texmf-local/tex
It seems that TEXMFHOME does not exist on your computer

> For upgrading: last year I tried to upgrade to TexLive2008, but I have had
> bad experiences, so I try not to anymore as long as TexLive2007 along with
> metapost 0.9 work. (Or until new TexLive could be downloaded with a couple
> of simple  clicks)

What kind of bad experiences?

If your network connection is good, you unpack install-tl.zip, run
install-tl.bat, select what to install and wait. texmf-local intentionally
is not below TeXLive2007, your personal file will be used by later TL
versions as well, no need to reinstall.

My computer sits on a gigabit backbone, our local mirror is about 5 miles
apart so installation of scheme-full takes about 9 minutes but normal users
will probably have to wait longer.

--
Zdeněk Wagner
http://hroch486.icpf.cas.cz/wagner/