[tex-live] Non-PDF documentation

Robin Fairbairns Robin.Fairbairns at cl.cam.ac.uk
Fri Feb 12 21:43:28 CET 2010

Philipp Stephani <st_philipp at yahoo.de> wrote:

> I'm sorry that I haven't done anything yet, but I still have to find
> out what the incoming directory is ;-)
> Maybe ftp://ftp.tug.ctan.org//incoming/ ? But that is completely
> empty?!

well, it would be: you've not uploaded anything yet.  there's rather
more dribble on ftp.tex.ac.uk/incoming, but that's just my untidiness.
(apart from the actual upload that pressure of work stopped me installing
earlier, i now remember.)

as manuel says, ftp.tex.ac.uk:/incoming is the only ctan site that
accepts ftp uploads, now.

if you want to upload a complete package, use
http://www.ctan.org/upload.html, http://www.dante.de/CTAN/upload.html or
http://www.tex.ac.uk/upload.html (that list comes from the faq,
www.tex.ac.uk/faq).  the upload pages lead you through what's needed.

robin