[tex-live] Bug: possibly with import package, LaTeX can't find font files that are first used in a file included using the \import* command.

Ulrike Fischer news3 at nililand.de
Thu Feb 4 10:50:14 CET 2010

Am Thu, 04 Feb 2010 13:30:36 +1100 schrieb Robert King:

> Hi,
>
> I'm sending this to texlive, but I'm not sure which package is to blame, or
> whether it is an integration issue. Apologies if it should be going elsewhere
>
> LaTeX can't find font files that are first used in a file included using the
> \import* command.
>
> Two files make up the minimal example, as you need to be including to get the
> error, which is
>
> LaTeX Font Warning: Font shape `U/msa/m/n' undefined
> (Font)              using `U/cmr/m/n' instead on input line 1.
>
> LaTeX Font Info:    Try loading font information for U+msb on input line 1.
> LaTeX Font Info:    No file Umsb.fd. on input line 1.

Well this line shows the problem: LaTeX can't find Umsb.fd. The
reason is that you used the starred version of \import which -- as
the documentation explains -- "avoids searching the TEXINPUTS path
when importing files".

This obviously also affects subsequent searching of files inside the
imported document.

--
Ulrike Fischer