[tex-live] Error : "I can't find the format file `latex.fmt'!

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Sun Aug 29 17:25:57 CEST 2010

Hi Fatih,

On 08/29/2010 10:35 PM, Fatih Arslan wrote:
> I'm trying to build a package from the gentoo ebuild and eclasses. I'm
> not using gentoo, I just follow the codes and the bash scripts in the
> eclasess.

How should we help you there? Why would you do that instead
of using TeX Live as it is?

Anyway, lets try:

> //etc/texmf/web2c/fmtutil.cnf
> file: http://cekirdek.pardus.org.tr/~farslan/fmtutil.cnf

That file looks strange, is moved TEXMFSYSVAR and TEXMFSYSCONFIG
	/usr/var/lib/texmf
and
	/usr/etc/texmf
respectively (if the binaries are in /usr/bin).

Can you call
	kpsewich  -debug=-1 plain.tex
and the you might study the output, what are the search paths
etc etc.

It should give you some information.

But in genereal we do *NOT* support any private homebrewn or
whatever build and restructuring of the texmf trees. When
I (Debian hat on) get a bug report about these kind of
things I have to sort it out myself, as this is not the
way TeX Live proper is shipped.

Best

Norbert