[tex-live] I assume...

George N. White III gnwiii at gmail.com
Wed Aug 18 19:35:34 CEST 2010

On Wed, Aug 18, 2010 at 9:49 AM, Herbert Schulz <herbs at wideopenwest.com> wrote:

> Howdy,
>
> I assume that ``no news is good news'' as far as TL2010 DVD creation is concerned and things are going according to schedule(?).

I've been using TL2010-pretest to update a number of documents and
everything has been working nicely -- I hope others who are
not affected (or can work around) by previously reported issues are
also putting TL2010-pretest to good use.

> Looking ahead, will the addresses for the repositories for TL2010 be the same as those for the then retired TL2009?  I assume that
> the TL2010 repositories will simply replace the TL2009 versions.

Maybe there should be a "swap" -- "-pretest" becomes "texlive" and a
small number of the existing TL2009 "texlive" repos are preserved as
"-previous" for those who may need to repair or restore (e.g., update
a DVD install when replacing a stolen laptop) the previous version.

Head of St. Margarets Bay, Nova Scotia