[tex-live] revtex4-1 not recognized under texlive (! Undefined control sequence. l.24 \documentclass [aps, prl, preprint, groupedaddress]{revtex4-1} )

Heiko Oberdiek heiko.oberdiek at googlemail.com
Wed Aug 11 22:45:54 CEST 2010

On Wed, Aug 11, 2010 at 01:16:17PM -0500, Sabuj Pattanayek wrote:

> > This indicates that you should be using "latex", not "tex".
>
> The apstemplate.tex compiled but still having lots of problems with
> the 00readme.tex from the revtex package, am I even supposed to be
> able to compile this?

No. 00readme.tex is input by other documentation files, e.g.:

% The following references the \file{00readme} file,
% which contains basic information about this package.
% The contents of this file are generated when
% you typeset the programmer's documentation.
% Search on "{filecontents*}{00readme}" to locate it.
% \fi\input{00readme}%

Yours sincerely
  Heiko Oberdiek