[tex-live] biber in TeX Live

Benedikt Morbach benedikt.morbach at googlemail.com
Wed Apr 21 22:39:04 CEST 2010

Hi,

I'm the fedora user who started this :)

First of all, thanks for the information, I might even try to hack
together a rpm for biber if I find time for it.

But I would still like to see biber in TeX Live if possible. If not now,
then maybe in a later release, because at the moment, all I need to
create nice looking LaTeX documents is included in TeX Live, even an
editor (TeXworks is in since 2009, right?) - and BibTeX. In the future,
all of us will (hopefully) move to biber+biblatex, but I wouldn't want
to loose the comfortability that TeX Live gives me by shipping
everything I need.

But I guess all this is perfectly clear to you and when biber's time
will finally come, somebody will look into packaging it again.

Thanks again
Benedikt

(*running of to look into this funky perl stuff*)