[tex-live] biber in TeX Live

Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard mpg at elzevir.fr
Wed Apr 21 22:43:13 CEST 2010

Philipp Stephani a écrit :
> On the contrary, one could also say that Victor's experiences speak in favor
> of the inclusion of Biber into TeX Live. Currently every Biber user has to
> compile it for themselves, and that is simply too unfriendly for normal
> users.

In principle, you're right that the more difficult the software is to install
from scratch, the more desirable it is to get it packaged in a distribution so
that the user doesn't have to go through the installation steps himself.

Unless I missed something, nobody from the TL team said we don't *want* to
include biber. We just said we're not sure when (and even if) we will be *able*
to include it due to the aforementioned technical difficulties. (What is sure is
that it won't be for TL2010, it's too late for that.)

Manuel.