[tex-live] Changes for 2010?

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Tue Apr 20 00:26:42 CEST 2010

    Already discussed several times, they don't bring much advantage at all,

While this is true, the fact is, people want them and Dick is building
them.  So providing them has the non-technical advantage that people
will stop asking about them :).  The technical advantage is that people
have reported some (not most) documents running noticeably faster
(meaning 1 second instead of 2, as far as Dick and I can tell, but anyway).

So I expect we will include 64-bit Snow Leopard binaries in TL'10.  This
is better than continuing the separate distribution we did last year,
since the additions of new scripts, etc., in the bin dir can be managed
as usual.

Resistance is futile,
karl