[tex-live] no kpsetool on windows?

François Charette firmicus at ankabut.net
Mon Apr 12 22:01:02 CEST 2010

Hello Karl and others,

All architectures supported by TL provide kpsetool (and the associated
symlinks kpsepath and kpsexpand). Except Windows, where only kpsewhich
is available (they are not in MikTeX either): I assume there is a reason
for it, but I am just wondering: can this be changed or improved?

The reason I'm asking is that Biber relies partly on the ouput of
"kpsepath bib" to locate bibliographic databases, but we found out today
that this fails on Windows, so we had to hack the code to use kpsewhich
instead.

Thanks in advance,
François