[tex-live] LuaTeX cygwin build

Ken Brown kbrow1i at gmail.com
Fri Apr 9 17:36:57 CEST 2010

On 4/9/2010 3:42 AM, Élie Roux wrote:
> 2010/4/8 Ken Brown<kbrow1i at gmail.com>:
>>
>> http://www.math.cornell.edu/~kbrown/cygwin.tgz
>
> Hello,
>
> I get the same error with these binaries... Too bad there is no
> valgrind for cygwin!

This discussion probably belongs on the tlbuild list.  I've set the
Reply-to accordingly.

I did a grep of the luatex sources and found a large number of places
where there are special cases for Cygwin, including many where Cygwin is
lumped with Mingw32 and Win32.  I suspect this is what's causing the
problem.  Cygwin is a unix-like system and is treated as such in most of
the texlive build.  The configure scripts and libtool are usually able
to do the right thing on Cygwin.

Maybe you should try removing some or all of the special-casing.

Ken