[tex-live] Missing shortdesc (was Re: Catalogue sources)

Alexander Cherepanov cherepan at mccme.ru
Wed Sep 30 21:17:53 CEST 2009

Hi Karl!
On Tue, 29 Sep 2009 19:37:47 -0500, karl at freefriends.org (Karl Berry) wrote:

>     diff -u TeXLive.orig/TeXCatalogue.pm TeXLive/TeXCatalogue.pm
>     diff -u TeXLive.orig/TLPOBJ.pm TeXLive/TLPOBJ.pm
>
> I installed that.  Thanks much, Alexander.

I'm glad to help.

> I will do the rebuild of all packages in tlnet to take advantage of this
> (and all the other various Catalogue-related things) in another day or
> two.

Maybe you would want to wait till tomorrow. I have started to go
manually through some remaining packages but realized that most of the
work is probably already done by ctan maintainers -- the
correspondence between texcat and texlive packages is already in
texlive element in the catalogue entries. I will try tomorrow to look
how it could be used and to what extent.

Alexander Cherepanov