[tex-live] datestamp in texcat

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Sun Sep 27 11:06:56 CEST 2009

On Sa, 26 Sep 2009, Karl Berry wrote:
>     BTW when html tags are stripped all formatting is lost (paragraphs are
>     joined, line breaks are gone etc.). Are there any plans to improve
>     this?
>
> Not on my side.  If you have any ideas about it, go for it.

Keep in mind that the text is shown as is in tlmgr (GUI and tlmgr show),
so as long as we don't have any formatting support there it wont help.

> 2) Yes, it is useful: users who keep up to date don't end up downloading
>    a package foo just because  a typo in the Catalogue was corrected.
>    That was the original reason we implemented it the way we did.

Of course one could with each catalogue change increase the revision
number of the tlpsrc file and rebuild, but as Karl said, only for
catalogue update to re-download huge packages is a waste of bandwidth,
on both the user's as the server's side.

Best wishes

Norbert