[tex-live] datestamp in texcat

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Sat Sep 26 23:29:55 CEST 2009

    BTW when html tags are stripped all formatting is lost (paragraphs are
    joined, line breaks are gone etc.). Are there any plans to improve
    this?

Not on my side.  If you have any ideas about it, go for it.

    Is such a complicated behaviour really useful?

1) It does not seem all that complicated to me.

2) Yes, it is useful: users who keep up to date don't end up downloading
   a package foo just because  a typo in the Catalogue was corrected.
   That was the original reason we implemented it the way we did.

Best,
Karl