[tex-live] datestamp in texcat

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Thu Sep 24 15:55:58 CEST 2009

On Do, 24 Sep 2009, Alexander Cherepanov wrote:
> Sorry, no. What you say is (or was:-) also my understanding exactly.
> But Karl seems to say the opposite (look at the top of the quote).
> Still not sure how to interpret it...

Well, Karl and me both are right, the problem is that the story in
reality is longer (even longer than I thought):

THe tlpdb is re-created every day on tug.org in a separate master check-out.
In this tlpdb the update catalogue entries are actually updated on
a daily basis.

After the tlpdb update the master tlpdb is compared with the one from tlnet
and only those packages with increased revision numbers are updated, thus
changes to the catalogue occur in the master check out, but are not
transfered to tlnet unless an actual package update is done.

I hope we are getting at it.

Best wishes

Norbert

`Er, hey Earthman...'
`Arthur,' said Arthur.
`Yeah, could you just sort of keep this robot with you and
guard this end of the passageway. OK?'
What from? You just said there's no
one here.'
`Yeah, well, just for safety, OK?' said Zaphod.
`Whose? Yours or mine?'
                 --- Arthur drawing the short straw on Magrathea.