[tex-live] texlive or Latex

George N. White III gnwiii at gmail.com
Mon Sep 21 10:59:14 CEST 2009

On Sun, Sep 20, 2009 at 8:27 PM, Mag Gam <magawake at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have been using Latex for years to create documents. However, a
> friend told be about 'Texlive'. I have couple of questions: would my
> latex documents still "compile" with Texlive? Is texlive depreciating
> latex? What is better to use Texlive or Latex?

You don't mention the platform.  TeX Live provides LaTeX, and the
latest version (in the final stages of testing) provides an integrated
editor that offers a GUI interface.  If you have been running the
"latex" command on a command-line, TeX Live will not require
big changes to your workflow. If you have been using an editor
with latex support or a GUI front-end, then you may need to
adjust things.

Head of St. Margarets Bay, Nova Scotia