[tex-live] presentation slides

Victor Ivrii vivrii at gmail.com
Mon Sep 21 02:13:18 CEST 2009

2009/9/20 Zdenek Wagner <zdenek.wagner at gmail.com>:
> 2009/9/21 Mag Gam <magawake at gmail.com>:
>> Does anyone have sample presentation slide layouts? Need to do a
>> project for school and would like to create a PDF document slides.
>>
>> TIA
>>
> There are several powerful packages but if you are in a hurry, you
> will not be able to learn them. I use just simple LaTeX file, my
> preamble is:
>
> \documentclass[11pt]{article}

Actually beamer basics could be learned in 5 min

\documentclass{beamer}
\usepackage{amssymb}
\usepackage{soul}
\title[Beamer]{Beamer for Novices}
\author{Victor Ivrii} \institute{Department of Mathematics, University
of Toronto}
\date{January 8, 2008}
\begin{document}
\begin{frame}\titlepage\end{frame}

\begin{frame}
Some text with math ......
\end{frame}
\end{document}

Here each slide = frame

PS There is dedicated maillist for general TeX questions (rather than texlive)

and specific for beamer

Latex-beamer-users mailing list
Latex-beamer-users at lists.sourceforge.net

HTH Victor